MasterClass is excited to announce its newest class launch, Phil Ivey Teaches Poker Strategy. The class is officially live and available for full access today; we’ve recapped exciting details below.
In 11 lessons, Phil Ivey opens up for the first time about his poker strategy and teaches you how to make smarter moves at the table. At age 38, Phil Ivey became the youngest player to win 10 World Series of Poker bracelets. Now the man known for his enigmatic table presence—and widely regarded as the world’s best all-around poker player—gives you unprecedented access to his mental game. Learn poker strategy, pick up new poker tips, and review hands with the player who’s won more than $26 million in live tournament earnings.
- 01 Phil’s Journey Meet your new instructor: ten-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner, Phil Ivey. In your first lesson, Phil explains why he's finally opening up about his game and reveals the exact moment he fell in love with poker.
- 02 Preflop and Blind Defense Phil breaks down the importance of table position, debunks a common misconception about hand-range charts, and shares tips for defending the blinds.
- 03 Betting Tactics Betting in poker is all about maximizing value and minimizing risk. Phil reveals his take on tactics like overbetting, bluff catching, and three-betting, and for the first time, shows how he’s used these tactics in past hands.
- SHOW ALL 11 LESSONS
- 04 Bluffing Using some of his favorite hands as teaching tools, Phil explains the importance of monitoring your opponents’ stacks and details the ideal circumstances for pulling off a convincing bluff.
- 05 Postflop, Part 1 Phil provides an in-depth look at a number of different postflop situations. Learn when to slow play a hand, how to float the flop, and which draws to play depending on the context.
- 06 Postflop, Part 2 Knowing when to shut it down is just as important as knowing when to go in for the kill. Phil discusses the dangers of overplaying a hand and explains how to avoid costly mistakes on the river.
- 07 Deepstack Play Deepstacked poker is still anyone's game. Phil teaches you how to make the most of your suited connectors and pocket pairs, and analyzes two hands where implied odds determined the outcome.
- 08 The Mental Game Phil pulls back the curtain and reveals exactly what his thought process was during a hand. He shares his tips for inducing tilt and dealing with tough loses, and explains what is really behind the “Ivey glare.”
- 09 Table Image and Tells Phil discusses the danger of assumptions when it comes to table image, and reveals one of his favorite tactics for gathering information about opponents.
- 10 Strategies for Success Learn how to train like Phil as he shares some of the practice routines that have helped him get to where he is today.
- 11 Closing Phil shares the pitfalls of early success and talks about how he’s grown in his 25 years of playing the game.